Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 158 - Cemetery

Ever go hang out in a cemetery?

What? Why would you want to right?

Are you some sort of weirdo?

No, for me a cemetery is like a museum of history. Unless I am going to visit a specific graveside, I usually head to the back of the cemetery where the chalk white colored marble stones with weather beaten letters sit.

I'm fascinated that these stones have lasted over 100 years, and hold so much history.

Today I stopped by a small cemetery on a back country road and this head stone caught my eye..

3 comments:

*Lissa* said...

I love photographing cemeteries! We have this tiny little one by my Dad's farm and it is so pretty.

Mandy said...

I don't hang out in them but I like to photo graves. My favorite is the one I took a few weeks ago that was right next to a busy rode. So much history!

Tracey said...

You need to check out www.findagrave.com You upload pics of specific gravestones for people, or any stone that you want to! Think you would like it. I'm in the process of trying to restore the Warren/Weygandt Cemetery near Monterey. :)