Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Heart Faces - Friends and I



This week at I Heart Faces the topic is "Friends and I."

My kids entry I am going to appropriately title "Boys will be Boys, or Girls?" While over at a friends house one night the girls "attacked" the boys and put make-up on them. The "attack" portion only lasted seconds before I think the boys kind of got into it. :)



This picture comes with a very touching story. Our family is a blended family. When "my" children first met Mike and spent the day with him, my youngest son (at the time), Blayre, exclaimed, "Mike, your my bestest friend EVER!" Both Mike and I were so touched. This is the picture that represents that to us.

This was taken the first week that Mike met Blayre.

7 comments:

Ter said...

great photos and wonderful story behind them.

This is only my second time participating and I'm really enjoying to see everyone's photos. Some make me laugh, others make me cry. But they all tell wonderful stories, wordless or not.

Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

That first picture is so much fun... but that second one...wow, so touching. Both of them are great, nice job! :)

Rebecca said...

love your entries! your adult entry is so, SO sweet!
~becca

Katarina said...

What great pictures. I love that the kids one conveys the fun they were having and the sweetness in the adult entry is priceless. I love it, what a perfect moment.

Julie Rivera said...

In four years, those boys are going to KILL you over the picture...first date gold! :) Absolutely hysterical. And the story behind the picture of Blayre with Mike is too wonderful for words. To think Blayre was that comfortable in the first week speaks volumes about Mike.

Anonymous said...

AW! How funny & sweet!!! Love these entries...

Drew said...

I think the boys were enjoying themselves too! What boys will endure to get attention from the girls! :)

I love the photo of your son with your hubby. The story makes it all the more sweet.