Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 77 - Day Trip to Lafayette

Today we were out on a day trip to Lafayette for grocery and other random shopping that only the "city" can provide.

One thing I've learned more than anything else during this project is always have your camera. I almost forgot it today and actually made Mike turn around so I could grab it.

Well of course I came across things that just HAD to be photographed.

Neither items are related, other than they were both found in Lafayette.

First this... A bird that was just sitting on an interstate off-ramp sign. I'm ashamed to say I don't know what it is. A falcon perhaps? I made Mike turn into some apartment complex where I trekked over a yard, through a fence, and up to a small crick just to snap a picture of this guy.

***EDIT*** Thanks to Krysten tells me that this is a Red Tail Hawk! Thanks Krysten.***



Second, this.... A pink hearse with "Meat Wagon" on the side. How could I NOT take a picture of that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hearse!!! Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to make one into a hot-rod, complete with a casket that has a skeleton in it! :)

Allyson said...

Jason,

Thanks for your kind words!! I'm still figuring out Blogger, so I'm not sure if you'll get this.

I'm going to respond on your site too, just in case.

You asked what equipment I am using. Right now I'm using a Canon Rebel XTI, I have 3 lenses, a fixed 50mm 1.4, a 18-55mm, and a zoom 70-300mm.

As for editing software I only use picasa at this point and try to retouch very very little. I'd rather be a good photographer, not good at editing.

I'm glad you like the hearse, it was screaming at me to take a picture. There is also a small juvenile part of me that laughed at a pink hearse with "MEAT WAGON" slapped on the side.

Thanks again Jason, I appreciate the feedback!

Allyson

Chris said...

Wow. The hawk is beautiful. Looks like a picture from a bird book. And I love the hearse. My brother owns one. I may have to send the picture his way.